Take a good fish, add some flavour with smart use of good ingredients, and put truffle on it. Great, simple success. That seems to be Chase Kojima’s approach with this Sokyo dish which is being offered during Truffle Month at The Star. Each year through winter the immense property’s signature restaurants (which include Sokyo, Balla, BLACK by Ezard, and Pizzaperta) work with Australian truffles to offer special menus and degustation events, giving diners access to dishes such as this beauty, which we’ve sourced the recipe for. Have fun making this, and if you can’t quite get it right check in with Sokyo to see if they still have it on the menu.
- 1 whole John Dory fish (this recipe is based on 460gm)
- Lettuce Cos Baby 135 gram
- 5 black truffles 1gm each
- Creamy ponzu 15gm
- Mayonnaise 100 gm
- Soy Sauce 100ml
- Grapeseed oil 100ml
- Texture Xantana Emulsifier 5 gm
- Ponzu 200ml
- Making Creamy Ponzu – put Mayonnaise, soy, grapeseed oil and ponzu into blender and mix it. Put xantan gum little by little.
- Pan fry John Dory and cos lettuce for 1-2 minutes on both sides and finish in the oven for 4-5 minutes.
- Serve with shaved truffles, creamy ponzu and chilli thread.
Image and recipe supplied. For more information about The Star’s winter events click HERE.