Melbourne-based wellness company Heal’r.com.au are edging into the market with a new spice mixture going by the name of Root’d. It’s an organic turmeric spice blend made with dandelion root, formulated after extensive research aimed at balancing taste with health, bringing together several certified organic herbs and spices to create an adaptable blend made of turmeric, black pepper, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, coconut sugar, dandelion root, and chicory root. The vast scope of benefits include gut health, skin disorders, and infections, with many of the ingredients used for their anti-inflammatory and anti-aging benefits. Suggested uses to come with the new product include simply adding it to tea for flavour, or going a bit bigger and creating dishes like this Root’d Spiced Panna Cotta which we have sourced the recipe for.
Root’d Spiced Panna Cotta (Serves 4)
● 2 cups Organic Rice milk (we use Pure Harvest)
● 2 organic eggs
● 1 to 1.5 teaspoons Root’d
● 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or seeds of one vanilla pod
● 2-2.5 teaspoons grass fed gelatin powder (the latter being slightly firmer)
● 1 tablespoon rice malt syrup
● 2 tablespoons pure organic maple syrup (to taste)
Suggestions for toppings:
● Drizzle of organic maple syrup
● Dusting of cinnamon/coconut sugar
● Fresh fruits ie. orange slices, grapefruit, figs
● Cinnamon Ginger Spiced Apples
1. Place the organic rice milk, maple, rice malt, vanilla and Root’d in a small saucepan. Heat the mixture over medium heat until just boiled, reduce heat, and simmer for 2-3 more minutes, until evenly warmed through.
2. Add in the gelatin powder, mixing through until dissolved.
3. Remove the saucepan from heat. Gently filter the mixture through a super fine sieve, set aside.
4. In a bowl, whisk the eggs until pale and fluffy. Gently add the filtered warm rice milk mixture to the eggs, and whisk to evenly combine.
5. Divide the mixture between 4 ramekins, serving bowls or tea cups.
6. Let the mixture cool and place in the fridge for about 5 hours or until set.
7. To serve, enjoy the panna cottas topped with your choice of fruits and/or other toppings. You may also gently turn them onto serving plates, topped off with your choice of toppings.
8. Serve with a drizzle of maple and fresh homegrown figs (to taste).
● You can also experiment with other milks ie. organic coconut milk, soy milk, almond milk etc (must be well strained and of smooth consistency for best texture)
Should you want more information or to purchase Root’d (prices start from $13.95) click HERE.