Yes you heard right, as if New South Wales wasn’t Nutella crazed enough, as if we already didn’t have enough Nutella cafes or Tella bars or chocolate festivals where Nutella is uber prominent in everything or infamous donuts filled with chocolatey hazelnut goodness (I’m looking at you Krispy Kreme). Those sexy evil geniuses at Nutella headquarters have come up with a dastardly scheme to lure the fair people of our state outside, to their giant toaster moonlighting as a food truck for FREE Nutella based goodies.
Nutella Road Trip is unsurprisingly back by popular demand so if you see a large toaster on wheels come into view down the street it’s best to run, as there’ll only be twelve stops for this caravan of ungodly delights including ports in Sydney, Manly, Penrith, Central Coast, Newcastle, Port Macquarie, Coffs Harbour, Northern Rivers, Byron Bay, Gold Coast, Brisbane and Sunshine Coast.
Quick movers fuelled by their lust for the thick oozy chocolate spread will be handsomely rewarded thanks to Head Chef and Owner of The Nighthawk Diner Alistair Fogg who’ll be prepping six classic/funky Nutella creations. The tempting dishes are designed to jog some creativity in the way folks approach their brekky in the morning, although more options to consume Nutella during the day is not a hard sell imho. Crumpets, pancakes and waffles will be subjected to lashings of the stuff with a couple of interesting options involving smashed sweet potatoes, basil and granola thrown in.
The journey will kick off at Henry Deane Plaza Haymarket on 22nd June and end at the Alexandra Headland SLSC Sunshine Coast 5th July. Head down early as organisers are anticipating reaching more than 700 people during this event. For more details head to the Nutella Road Trip page at www.Nutella.com/roadtrip. Locations and menu below.
- Crazy Crumpets: Golden crumpet with fresh banana, strawberry and Nutella
- Sweet & Salty Smsh: Toasted brioche with smashed sweet potatoes, crushed pretzels and Nutella
- Berry Bagel: Abe’s cinnamon and raisin bagel with raspberries, basil and Nutella
- Coco Blue Pancakes: Blueberry pancake with Nutella and toasted coconut
- Bubble Waffle: Egg waffles with fresh banana, roasted hazelnuts and Nutella
- Chunky Granolas: Homemade granola with fresh yoghurt, berries and Nutella
LOCATIONS AND TIMINGS:
- Sydney, Henry Deane Plaza, Thursday 22 June, 7:30 – 10:30am
- Manly, Manly Wharf, Friday 23 June, 7:00 – 10:00am
- Penrith, Tench Reserve, Saturday 24 June, 8:00 – 11:00am
- Central Coast, Erina Fair Shopping Centre, Sunday 25 June, 10:00 – 12:00pm
- Newscastle, Wheeler Place, Monday 26 June, 8:00 – 11:00am
- Port Macquarie, Hay Street Forecourt, Wednesday 28 June, 7:00 – 10:00am
- Coffs Harbour, Big Banana Carpark, Thursday 29 June, 9:00 – 12:00pm
- Northern Rivers, Lennox Head Forecourt, Friday 30 June, 7:00 – 10:00am
- Byron Bay, Bryon Bay Services Club, Saturday 1 July, 8:00 – 11:00am
- Gold Coast, Pacific Fair Shopping Centre, Sunday 2 July, 9:00 – 12:00pm
- Brisbane, Reddacliff Place, Monday 3 July, 8:00 – 11:00am
- Sunshine Coast, Alexandra Headland SLSC, Wednesday 5 July, 7:00 – 10:00am