Food has evolved into more and more of a true art form, an expression of creativity, a joyful at times theatrical experience depending on where you go or whom you talk to. Carraigeworks are planning on taking dining out further into the realm of an all encompassing series of events dubbed Sydney Table, teaming up with Vivid Sydney and some of Sydney’s top chefs and artists from all walks of life to produce a unique sensory experience of sight, sound, taste, smell and touch.
Limited to just 50 guests a session, artists in the fields of food, music, art and design will descend upon Carraigeworks trendy little space Bay 21 to create experiences curated by Carriageworks Farmers Market Creative Director Mike McEnearney and Carriageworks Director Lisa Havilah. Head Chefs such as Mark Best and Mitch Orr will team up with world class photographers, artists and dancers , showcasing produce sourced from Carraigeworks Farmers Markets (see full itinerary and pairings below).
- Friday 27 May, 7pm – Mitch Orr, ACME with Amrita Hepi, Dancer and FBi Radio
- Friday 3 June, 7pm – Sam Miller, Silvereye and Artist Lisa Madigan
- Saturday 4 June, 7pm – Hamish Ingham, Bar H and Designer Vince Frost
- Thursday 9 June, 7pm – Mark Best, Marque and Photographer Petrina Tinslay
- Friday 10 June, 7pm – Claire van Vuuren & Mitchell Grady, Bloodwood and Floral Artist Anna McMahon
- Friday 17 June, 7pm – Mat Lindsay, Ester and Ceramicist Ion Fukazawa
- Saturday 18 June, 7pm – Alex Herbert, Bird Cow Fish and Artist Thomas Jackson
Executive Producer of Vivid Sydney Sandra Chipchase is excited to be introducing such an intimate and interactive set of events into the Vivid repertoire. “The variety and quality of food and wine available in NSW continues to draw visitors from around the globe to our State, and we are delighted to be incorporating world-class culinary experiences into this year’s Vivid Sydney program through Sydney Table. Carriageworks will not only showcase art, technology, music, and innovation, but it will provide visitors with an unmissable Vivid Sydney experience.”
Tickets to the exclusive events are priced at $150 a pop, on sale through Ticketmaster and include an Archie Rose Signature Dry Gin Martini, with River Mint distillate, Asahi beer and matching wines supplied by Cake Wines.
For more information on Vivid Sydney and upcoming events visit >> www.vividsydney.com